Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Balloon Experiment

So, this is my surprise I was hinting at in an earlier post. It's a bit late, yeah, sorry about that. I got a severe case of the don't wannas. Anyhow, ON TO THE SURPRISE!!

When I was a kid (which was when the dinosaurs walked the earth, so the girls say), on the 100th day of school, we all went outside and released one hundred balloons with messages attached that had the school address on it, and for the rest of the year we would get mail telling us where that particular balloon was found. It was my favorite part of the year. Apparently they can't do that anymore, something about birds or some shit, which saddened me, but then DING! I got an idea.

I would do it may damn self. Not a hundred all at once mind you. My car is not that big. I would use my Llwewllyn 2010 Witches' Companion (that one is the 2011, Christmas idea!! :) ) that told me the best color for that day, get a simple latex balloon in that color or at least as close as Kroger can provide me, tie a message to that bitch and let 'er go. I am going to do this for one hundred days.

I am really excited about getting an email or a letter telling me where they landed. I am doing the "excited can't wait dance" in my chair as we type.  I have released two balloons so far, a red one and a blue one. No messages yet, but I must learn to be patient *hits refresh on email again*. I said I had to LEARN I didn't say I was. Here are the pictures from the first two releases, and I will post the emails/letters that I get, if I ever get any *refresh* Nope not yet........still nothing. I CAN'T WAIT!

The front of the message

The back of the message. That quote is from Christy Moore's "Burning Times"

The kiddos, they saw a balloon and went insane.

and had to help.

The start of the journey.

Up

Weird lighting on this one, but if you look a bit above the center , that black dot is the balloon.

Day two:

Didn't do a good job of laminating this one. Ehh it's one of those f*** it days.

The back, with a Pagan quote on it.

The cat.

I guess they are going to be involved in this too, dammit. :)

And it's off.

Hope lightening doesn't hit it, though that would be COOL.

GoGoGOGOGOGOGOG!

Well, there is my surprise. Yay and stuff. I am going to do this every day, so at least I will have something to blog about. I REALLY want to get a message telling me a balloon was found already! *refresh* DAMMIT...*sigh*.

No comments: